Caitlin Johnson has long held a keen interest in sharks, but what really sealed the Monarch High School senior’s resolve to study them in college was a research fishing trip she took with scientists …
Billfish Invitational Auction Items Announced
Can’t fish in this year’s Billfish Invitational? No problem – you can still make a contribution as a Friend of Bimini by participating in the Invitational’s live auction on Thursday, May 19th!
Bid paddles are ready. It’s not a Bimini Start, but the next best thing…a live auction featuring exciting travel packages, outdoor gear and original artwork. The Billfish Invitational will be raising proceeds to benefit education and conservation initiatives to be established and monitored by the Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation and the IGFA, for the exclusive benefit of Bimini, Bahamas.
Join in the cause. Join the Billfish Invitational anglers on Thursday evening for cocktails, dinner and after dinner bidding action. Tickets are $150/pp, and can be purchased by contacting Ned Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the tournament staff on site during the event.
LIVE AUCTION ITEMS:
1. IGFA History Package
2. Lost in the Out Islands (EPIRB from ACR Electronics)
3. “Jumping White Marlin”, photograph on canvas by Scott Kerrigan
4. Dock, Dine, Stay & Play Palm Beach-style (Ritz-Carlton, Singer Island)
5. It’s Good to be a Bahamian Pirate (Graycliff Mansion, Nassau)
7. “One Second”, photograph on canvas by Marc Montocchio
8. Any day is Valentine’s Day (Valentine’s Resort & Yacht Club, Habour Island)
9. Escape to Eleuthera (Cape Eleuthera Resort & Yacht Club)
10. “The Blue”, a bronze casting by Kent Ullberg
12. “Surfaced”, a colored pen-and-ink original by Guy Harvey